This is an excellent brunch or breakfast casserole that’s easily made the night before. Just pop it in the oven in the morning, slice some fresh tomatoes and some fruit to accompany the casserole, pour the juice and coffee, and breakfast or brunch is served. […]
This Spicy Vegetarian Ramen has a quick trick for a super tasty vegan broth that infuses the ramen noodles with oodles of flavor! Add all your favorite toppings and get ready to faceplant! Ingredients 2 TBSP light sesame oil or avocado oil 3/4-1 cup chopped […]
- 2 pounds white fish (such as tilapia, halibut, or flounder) or salmon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 2 medium onions (cut in half and thinly sliced)
- 1 red pepper (cored, seeded, and thinly sliced)
- 1 orange pepper (cored, seeded, and thinly sliced)
- 1 yellow pepper (cored, seeded, and thinly sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of your choice of chili powder, hot paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, or black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves (loosely packed, chopped)
- Cut the fish into 2×5-inch long pieces or fillets may be cut lengthwise in half. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan with 2-inch sides over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the red, orange, and yellow peppers and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Stir in the paprika, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in the chili powder or heat of choice. Add the water, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, place the fish slices on top of the garlic, onions, and peppers, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Use a fork to pick up some of the peppers and onions and place them on top of the fish slices. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Taste the sauce and add more salt if necessary.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tasty marinated tofu baked until crispy on the outside and creamy and soft in the inside. This tofu recipe is simple, quick and a great vegan protein addition to any meal. Serve it with mouthwatering creamy Peanut Dipping Sauce for the perfect vegetarian party appetizer! […]
A delicious potato pizza with basil pesto and mozzarella cheese. Don’t forget to check out my step by step photos and tips above! Prep Time25 minutes Cook Time15 minutes Total Time40 minutes Ingredients For the Dough: 1 1/2 cups water 360mL, warm (100F – 10F) […]
This side dish has it all and is totally reminiscent of my childhood. Corn smothered in Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, lemon, and chile—it hits all the right spots! Totally easy to make, too. You’ll have a delicious side in minutes flat.
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 16 ounces, weight Frozen Organic Sweet Corn
- ¼ teaspoons Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1-½ Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons (heaping) Real Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro, For Garnish (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add frozen corn to the pan and stir.
- Add salt, pepper, cayenne, and paprika to the pan and stir to evenly coat. Allow cooking over medium-high heat until corn is cooked through and any/all water has evaporated, 9-10 minutes. Stir occasionally. If you like things really hot, feel free to add more cayenne pepper; if you’re not a fan of heat, feel free to leave it out altogether.
- Turn off heat and add lemon juice, mayonnaise, and grated Parmesan. Stir to combine and serve immediately, garnished with sprigs of cilantro if desired.
prep: 15 minutes marinating:10 minutes cook:10 minutes total time35 minutes Ingredients 4 large portobello mushrooms cleaned, stems and gills removed Balsamic Glaze or the Marinate 2 tablespoons Sinolin cooking oil, plus more for greasing the grill grates 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 1 large garlic clove […]
Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 32 minutes Total Time 42 minutes Ingredients 2 tbsp Sinolin cooking oil 1 lb. ground chicken 1 tsp. kosher salt 1 tsp. ground fennel ½ tsp. black pepper 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper 2 cups frozen peas and diced carrots […]
This easy (vegan!!!) one-pot lentil minestrone soup is crazy flavorful and loaded with healthy veggies. Plan on leftovers if you can because it is totally amazing the next day! Recipe yields 12 cups or 6 bowls of soup.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled, smashed, and minced)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 can cannelini beans (15 oz ) drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh chopped spinach
- warmed bakery baguette for dunking
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for topping
chopped parsley to garnish
- Peel and dice onion and carrots. Finely chop celery. Smash and peel garlic, then mince.
- Heat a large dutch oven (or heavy duty pot) to medium-high heat with 2 TBSP oil. Once oil is hot, add onion, carrot, and celery and saute until vegetables are tender, approx. 7 minutes.
- Next add minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and cook an addiitonal minute, stirring constantly.
- Add broth, water, and crushed tomatoes (juices and all) then stir in dried green or brown lentils and bay leaves and bring pot to a boil.
- Once soup is vigorously bubbling, reduce heat to a low simmer and cover. Set a timer and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove lid and increase heat to medium. Add pasta and beans and cook unti beans are heated through and pasta is tender, approx. 10 minutes (or longer depending on pasta shape/size used). Remove bay leaves when you come across them stirring the soup.
- Ready to eat? Stir fresh chopped baby spinach into the soup and ladle into bowls. Enjoy piping hot with your choice of optional extras.
- Leftovers can be stored in airtight containers in either the fridge or freezer. This soup is delicious the first day and even better the next!
prep: 10 minutes marinating time: 15 minutes cook: 0 minutes total time: 25 minutes Ingredients 2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed 1/2 cup red onion, diced 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced 1 seedless cucumber, diced 2 tomatoes seeded and diced 1/2 cup cilantro, […]