Recipe for Nasi Lemak Vegetarian by Madam Kopi Oh
Vegetarian Nasi Lemak Recipe by Madam Kopi Oh
Dear all! Madam Kopi Oh is here to present to you a great simple recipe to make the best vegetarian nasi lemak. Just follow this simple step-by-step recipe to make a good plate of vegetarian nasi lemak for your whole family!
Firstly, we need to prepare the rice. A well prepared rice is a key component to a delicious plate of nasi lemak.
A. Rice Ingredients:
- Rice 500 grams
- Ginger 15 grams
- Shallots 20 grams
- Fenugreek 5 grams
- Cinnamon 3 grams
- Rock salt 10 grams
- Brown sugar 15 grams
- Water 800 grams
- Sinolin cooking oil 30 grams
We will be adding all these ingredients into the rice cooker. Put in the giner, shallots, fenugreek, cinnamon, salt and sugar as well as water into the rice cooker. Add in some cooking oil (our favourite brand is Sinolin Cooking Oil). Let the rice cooker do its job and soon, you will end up with a delicious pot of rice.
The second component to any tasty nasi lemak is the sambal paste. Just follow our simple recipe to make that spicy, tasty sambal.
B. Ingredients for Sambal Nasi Lemak Vegetarian:
- Dried Chili 30 grams
- Red onion 350 grams
- Himalayan salt 5 grams
- Sugar 15 grams
- Soy sauce 10 grams
- Coconut milk 40 grams
- Sinolin Cooking oil 60 grams
- Asam jawa 25 gram
- Water 50 grams
How to make the Sambal Paste:
- Cut the dried chilli into half. Boil some water and take the pot from the heat. Put all your sliced chillis into the water for a few minutes. This will soften the texture of the chili.
- Remove dried chillis from water and place them in a blender. Blend the chilis to form a smooth paste.
- Peel red onions and chop them up.
- Using medium heat, add in some Sinolin cooking oil. Add in the chili paste and stir fry until the paste becomes fragrant and cooked. This will take around 5 minutes.
- After that add in the onions, coconut milk and water and continue stirring for another 2 minutes. Do this until all the ingredients are well combined.
- You have just prepared a good dish of sambal paste!
No nasi lemak is ever complete without some side dishes. Here are some side dishes that you can add:
- Cucumber slices
- Slices of boiled carrots
- Baked potatoes
- Place rice in the middle of the plate.
- Pour some sambal paste by the side of the rice.
- Surround the rice with your favourite side dishes.
This is how you make a tasty plate of vegetarian nasi lemak.
This is a simple recipe submitted by Madam Kopi Oh. If you have any comments, please post them below using the reply form.