Special Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe by Madam Kopi Oh
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: Almost 2 hours
Will comfortably serve 4-6 persons.
This classic Italian recipe is very simple and easy to execute. With its spicy chili paste and meat shreds, you will definitely love this authentic Italian classic pasta recipe.
- 1 table spoon of Sinolin fine grade cooking oil.
- 4 pieces of bacon meat, thinly sliced.
- 2 medium sized onions, diced.
- 2 carrots – chopped and diced.
- 2 celeries, finely chopped.
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- 500 grams of beef, chopped well.
Ingredients for the Bolognese sauce:
- 2 x 400g can of plum tomatoes
- Basil leaves, ¾ finely chopped and the rest left intact for decoration
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tbsp purée tomatoes
- 1 beef broth cube
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Some cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
To serve with:
- 75g of parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra to serve
- 400g spaghetti
- Dry bread as a side (optional)
- Place a large pot on medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of Sinolin cooking oil. Add bacon and fry for 10 minutes until it becomes golden and crunchy and gives out a nice, strong aroma.
- Bring the heat down and add some onions, carrots, celery, garlic and rosemary, and stir-fry for 10 minutes. Stir fry them until they become soft.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the minced meat and cook while stirring for 3-4 minutes until the meat is turning brown.
- Add the canned tomatoes, chopped basil, oregano, bay leaves, tomato purée, beef broth cube, chillies, and cherry tomatoes. Stir with a wooden spoon, while crushing the plum tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, simmer and cover with a pan cover. Cook for 1 hour 15 minutes stirring occasionally, until you have a sauce that is rich in aroma and has a nice thick texture. Add Parmesan, check the seasoning and while stirring.
- Drain spaghetti and mix into the delicious Bolognese sauce. Serve with grated Parmesan, basil leaves and dry bread.
And there you have it! A delicious, classic Italian pasta ready to be served to your loved ones.