Easy Chicken Curry Recipe
This recipe will help you to prepare and cook up some delicious hot chicken curry recipe. This dish should take around 1 hour to complete.
- 2 large onions, peeled
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- One handful of peppers
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 750g potatoes, peeled
- 6 to 8 pieces of chicken breast or thighs, bones-removed, de-skinned
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oif ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of masala spice
- Some fresh thyme herb
- Some Sinolin cooking oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- Begin by slicing the onions, garlic and peppers. Dice the carrots and chop up the potatoes into chunks and place all these ingredients in a large ball.
- Chop up the chicken into rough pieces and add to the vegetables with the spices, thyme, some Sinolin cooking oil. Add some salt and pepper to improve the taste.
- Using your hands, massage the meat well along with all the above-mentioned ingredients. Cover the bowl with some aluminum foil. Leave the bowl in a fridge overnight (or 30 minutes if you are on a tight schedule) to marinate well.
- Remove chicken and ingredients from fridge.
- Get your largest cooking pan in your home ready. Add some Sinolin cooking oil into the cooking pan. Heat up over high heat and then pick out and add half the chicken into the pan. Fry your chicken for around 5 to 10 minutes until all the pieces become golden.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and repeat with the remaining chicken. Add more Sinolin cooking oil to the pan if needed. Remove from pan.
- Reduce the heat down to medium. Add some Sinolin cooking oil into the cooking pan. Add in the rest of the vegetables and spices into the pan. Cook for around 10 minutes.
- Stir the chicken back into the pan and pour in the chicken stock. If you don’t have the stock available at home, then chicken broth cubes will do just the trick. This reduces your prep time considerably.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring to the boil. Reduce to medium heat. Simmer for around 40 to 50 minutes until the curry becomes thick and rich.
- Your curry chicken is now ready to be served along with your favourite type of rice (I prefer basmati).