Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
This is a simple recipe for making a good hearty plate of pasta with meatballs. This meal will take around 1 hour to prepare.
- 6 to 10 cream crackers
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 250g beef mince
- 250g lamb mince
- 1 large egg
- 1 litre of vegetable pasta sauce
- 320g dried spaghetti
- Some Sinolin cooking oil
To serve with some grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place the cream crackers in a clean kitchen towel or kitchen paper, and then with some slight force bash to small crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Combine the crushed crackers with oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add all the minced meat. Add in the egg.
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl with your hands.
- Divide the mixture of ingredients into 10 to 12 pieces of meatballs.
- Heat up the cooking pot or pan. Bring the pasta sauce to a simmer with medium heat. While it’s simmering, the sauce becomes thicker. Add some water to reduce the thickness of the sauce.
- Heat up some Sinolin cooking oil in your frying pan over medium heat. Then, add in the meatballs and fry for around 5 to 10 minutes – until all the meatballs are now brown in color. Stir the meatballs or give the pan a good shake from time to time to prevent over-frying.
- Remove the meatballs and add them into your cooking pot (where your pasta sauce is cooking). Cover the pot and let it cook for around 20 minutes until the meatballs are thoroughly cooked.
- Begin preparing your spaghetti. Cook your spaghetti for around 10 to 15 minutes in a covered pot. Drain the water. Place the spaghetti in a large plate.
- Add the sauce and meatballs into the dish. Garnish with some oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Your spaghetti and meatballs are now ready to be served!