Thai Crab Cakes by Dapur Sinolin
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Result: 20 servings
- 200 ml of Sinolin oil, for frying
- 350 grams of crabmeat (dried, fresh or canned)
- 1/4 potato starch
- 3 cilantro, finely sliced
- 10 fresh red chili
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon pepper powder
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 400 grams of breadcrumbs
- Place crabmeat, potato flour, onion, garlic, red pepper, lime juice, 1 egg, salt, sugar, black pepper, oyster sauce, mayonnaise in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add up to ¼ cup of potato starch if the dough is still moist or hard to form or add more until you can shape the cake easily in your hand.
- Shape the Cake about 2 to 3 inches in diameter. Place it on a clean plate.
- Prepare 2 whisked eggs, in a bowl, then bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip the crab cake into the egg, then roll into the breadcrumbs, make sure the entire surface is well covered. Do this until the dough runs out.
- Heat Sinolin cooking oil over medium heat, fry the cake for 5 minutes or until golden yellow. Lift and drain excess oil.
- Serve with the sauce you like.