Thai Papaya Salad ( Som Tum) by Dapur Sinolin
preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 200 ml of Sinolin cooking oil
- 20 gr dry shrimp
- 2 pieces of red pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 orange juice
- Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Cherry tomato, halved
- 3 long beans or 6 regular green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 “pieces
- ½ carrot, roughly shaved
- 500 grams of young papaya, peeled, split, seeded, and sliced
- 50 grams Peanuts
- Heat Sinolin cooking oil in the pan with medium heat, fry the beans and keep stirring to avoid burnt. Fry for 5 minutes, remove and drain excess oil. Leave the beans at room temperature before use.
- Using mortar and pestle, add garlic, red chilli and dried shrimp, crush with pestle, then add the brown sugar, squeeze the lemon juice and fish sauce. Add the papaya (you can soak the papaya prioly by using cold water to get crisp taste on the papaya), long beans, crushed carrots, then add also cherry tomato and peanut. Mix well until all is well coated.
- Serve with a sprinkling of peanuts, enjoy!