Okonomiyaki with Squid and carrots by Dapur Sinolin
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 20 ml of Sinolin cooking oil
- 250 grams of wheat flour
- ½ tbsp Dashi (fish broth)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 100 ml of water
- 1 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, long cut
- 2 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 300 grams of squid, cut 1/2 “x 2” (1 cm x 5 cm)
- Okonomiyaki sauce
- Dried green seaweed (nori), cut into a length
- In a large bowl, add the flour and dashi (fish broth) stir well, then pour the water a little by a little continue mixing until no more lumps.
- Add chopped cabbage, carrots, red onion, ginger, squid, egg, salt and white pepper to the dough and mix well.
- Heat Sinolin cooking oil in the pan, pour 1 cup of pancake dough into the pan. Fry for 5-7 minutes over medium heat until the bottom part of cake becomes golden brown.
- Flip the pancake and try for another 5-7 minutes.
- Lift and cut into 4 parts, put into a serving dish.
- Spread Okonomiyaki sauce and Mayonnaise in pancakes.
- Sprinkle dried seaweed over the pancakes. Serve hot.