Steamed Squid with Lime and Chili Sauce by Dapur Sinolin
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 600 grams (2 pieces) of fresh squid
- 1/2 tbsp Sinolin cooking oil
- 7 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 5 red chili, finely chopped
- 10 cayenne pepper, finely chopped
- Juice from 3 limes
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic, chopped
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Separate the squid head from the body. Remove the innards and ink sac, then peel the skin. Rinse and drain well, and slice the squid into 1cm thick slices. Place the squid on the plate and steam for 10 minutes.
- While waiting, mix all the ingredients of the sauce. There must be a good balance between salty, sweet, spicy and sour. Customize if necessary. Most importantly, make sure the sugar dissolves.
- The squid should look a bit tender.
- After the squid is cooked move to the serving plate and pour a sauce on top of it and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.