Mediterranean Tuna Pasta by Dapur Sinolin
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 20 ml of Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 can of tuna
- 1 tomato, remove the seeds, cut in half
- 10 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of celery, chopped
- 5 small chilies, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 100 grams of fusilli pasta, dried
- 75 grams of Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 L of water
* If you use canned tuna with good quality, packed in good quality olive oil, you don’t need to throw it away. The oil is very flavorful. If you question the quality of olive oil, drain it, and add back the same amount of good quality olive oil (about 2 tablespoons, listed in the ingredients).
- In a medium pan heat 1 liter of water and cook until boiling. After boiling, add the paste, add 1 teaspoon of salt and cook until soft. Lift and drain.
- While heating pasta water, prepare other ingredients.
- Stir in the tuna that drained with tomatoes, olives, onions, parsley, capers, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper: Pour tuna in a medium bowl. Stir with a fork to break the biggest tuna pieces. Add tomatoes, olives, onions, parsley, capers, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Boil the pasta until the mixture: When the pasta water boils, add pasta and boil, open the lid, boil until al dente (cooked well, but still a little hard for the bite). Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Add pasta to the tuna mixture, sprinkle with Mozz: Drain the pasta and immediately add pasta to the tuna mixture.
- Sprinkle grated Mozzarella cheese and stir until everything is well mixed. If the pasta looks a bit dry, add some prepared pasta water and/or other olive oil. Serve warm.