Spanish Vegie Bake By Dapur Sinolin
- 3 large sebago potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 small ripe tomatoes, halved crossways
- 2 zucchini, halved, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into 4 thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Shaved manchego cheese, to serve (optional)
- Small fresh continental parsley leaves, to serve
GREEN OLIVE PICADA
- 55g (1/3 cup) pitted green olives, rinsed
- 60g (1/3 cup) smoked almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Line a large roasting pan with baking paper. Prick each potato about 6 times with a fork and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on High for 8 minutes or until nearly tender. Set aside to cool slightly. Cut each potato into 4 thick slices.
- Arrange the potato, tomato, zucchini and onion in a single layer in the prepared pan. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with oregano and paprika. Season with salt. Bake for 20 minutes or until vegetables are starting to brown. Turn and bake for a further 20 minutes or until vegetables are crisp, tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, to make the picada, process the olives, almonds, parsley, garlic and 50ml oil in a food processor until smooth. Add the remaining oil and pulse to combine. Transfer to a bowl. Season with pepper and stir in the vinegar. Cover and set aside to develop the flavours.
- Transfer the vegetables to a serving plate. Sprinkle with the parsley and manchego cheese, if you like. Serve with the picada.