Baked Ziti Recipe by Dapur Sinolin
Baked Ziti – classic Italian-American food, pasta baked with ground meat, tomato sauce and all kinds of sticky and delicious cheese. Very EASY and very good!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 50 ml of Sinolin cooking oil
- 170 gr penne pasta
- 500 grams of beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Celery leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 150 ml of Tomato sauce
- 80 grams of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 100 grams of parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil pasta: Heat a large pot of water (2 liters of water) until it boils. Add 1 tablespoon of Sinolin cooking oil, 1 tsp salt. Add pasta and cook until ¾ soft.
- Drain the pasta through a sieve. Stir with a little oil so the paste doesn’t stick together when you make the sauce.
- For meat: While the water is heating up in the previous step, start with the sauce. Heat Sinolin cooking oil in a large pan on medium heat. When the oil glows hot, add garlic and onion stir until it emits fragrant. Add ground beef, break the large pieces when cooked. Don’t stir too often, it will be difficult for meat to become brown. Sprinkle with salt, sugar, white pepper powder, stir again slowly. When the meat produce the liquid add tomato sauce and celery leaves then mix well to combine and taste test, adjust to your choice. Sauté everything until the onions are and start to brown, about 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
- To make a layer of sauce, cheese, and pasta in a casserole dish: In a bowl, spread the layer 9×13 inch sauce, then place the surface with half mozzarella cheese, cover with pre-boiled pasta, cover again with meat sauce, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and
- Pour the remaining meat sauce over the pasta, give the remaining mozzarella cheese over pasta and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 350 ° F until the top is slightly browned and the cheese melts about 20 minutes.