Spanish Chicken with Crispy Fried Potatoes by Dapur Sinolin
- 340 gChicken Thighs
- 56 g Red Onion, sliced
- 190 g Red Bell Pepper
- 10 g Garlic
- 1 tsp Spanish Paprika
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 160 g Roma Tomato
- 30 g Green Olives
- 340 g Yukon Potato
- 10 g Parsley
- Salt and Pepper*
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (to roast the potatoes). Start prepping when the oven comes up to temperature!
- Wash and dry all produce.* Cut the potatoes into 1/4-inch thick rounds. On a baking sheet, toss the potatoes with a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the centre of the oven, flipping them over halfway through cooking, until the potatoes are golden-brown, 25-28 min.
- Meanwhile, mince or grate the garlic. Core, then slice thinly the bell pepper(s) into 1/4-inch strips. Cut the tomatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Thinly slice the olives. Roughly chop the parsley. Pat the chicken dry with paper towel then, cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown and cooked through, 6-8 min. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add another drizzle of oil to the same pan, then the onions and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are tender-crisp, 4-5 min. (TIP: Scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan — this will add loads of extra flavour!)
- Add the garlic and Spanish paprika to the pan. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 1-2 min. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken and olives. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium. Simmer until the mixture is slightly thickened, 10-12 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the potatoes and Spanish chicken between plates. Sprinkle over the parsley