Tomato Broth Salmon
This delicate broth is a grade-A example of how to build big flavor–fast. Keep this recipe on your dining table for a small eating friend.
- 1 cup canned unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons Sinolin Cooking Oil, divided
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons roasted cashews
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Combine tomatoes, stock, 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar, paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender; process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally then, remove from saucepan.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add salmon to pan. Cook 4 minutes on each side.
- Combine remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cashews, and onions in a bowl. Mix well the mixture for the topping.
- Divide stock mixture among 4 bowls. Place 1 salmon fillet in each bowl; top salmons with cashew mixture.