Dark Chocolate Almond- Lemon Biscotti by Dapur Sinolin
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
- 15 ml of Sinolin cooking oil
- 290 grams all-purpose flour, added to the working surface + hands
- 1 cup (200g) packed in light brown or dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- grated lemon peel from 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 60 grams of butter
- 95gr of chopped almonds
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) of fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 15 ml of milk
- 226gr chopped chocolate bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (177 ° C). Cover two large baking sheets with baking paper or silicone cake mats. (Always recommended for cookies.) Set it aside.
- Beat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and orange peel together in a large bowl until combined. Using a fork or mixer, stir until the butter is even. Stir the almond. Set it aside. In another bowl, stir the eggs, orange juice, oil, and vanilla extract together. Pour into the flour mixture and stir gently until everything is almost well blended and not wet anymore.
- Turn the mixture to a surface, with a little flour and with the hand that has been given flour, knead it lightly until the mixture is soft and slightly sticky, about 8-10 times. Divide the mixture in half and place it in half on a baking sheet that has been rubbed with oil. Shape each half into an 8×4 inch rectangle or any shape to your wishes. Using a cake brush, brush the top and sides of each biscotti plate with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 25-26 minutes, or until the top and sides of the biscotti sheet are light brown. Remove from the oven, but don’t turn the heat off. Let stand for 10 minutes. After the sheet is cold enough to handle, cut each one into slices about 1 inch thick. The slice set cuts the upright side, ¼ inches apart, on a baking sheet. Return to the oven to continue baking for 8 minutes. Cookies will be slightly soft in the center with a harder edge. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on a baking sheet. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before dipping into chocolate. Biscotti becomes crispy when it cools.
- Melt chopped chocolate in a double boiler or use a microwave. For the microwave, place the chocolate in a medium heat-resistant bowl. Melt in 15 seconds, stir until it is completely melted and smooth. Dip the biscotti in melted chocolate and place it back on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional orange peel if desired.
- Biscotti will remain fresh if stored in a refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.