BEEF PARMIGIANA MEATLOAF By Dapur Sinolin
PREP TIME:10 MINUTES
COOK TIME:7 HOURS
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey (93% lean)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I use Classico Tomato- Basil), divided
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken (or turkey), eggs, onion, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, 1/2 cup marinara and 1/2 cup cheese (it’s easiest to just use your hands to do this).
- Spray an 8×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray (metal or glass- see notes below). Scoop the meatloaf mixture into the pan and smooth the top. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of marinara sauce over the top. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top. Put the pan in a 6-quart slow cooker and place the lid on top. Cook for 7 to 8 hours on low (or 4 hours on high).
- Slice, and serve.