Blackened Catfish with Mango Avocado Salsa By Dapur Sinolin
Preparation time: 20 minutes.
Cooking time: 10 minutes.
For 4 servings (2 cups of salsa)
- 50 ml of Sinolin cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder tea
- 2 teaspoons of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt, divided
- 4 catfish fillets
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Combine oregano, cumin, red chili powder, white pepper powder, and salt, then spread the fillets. Cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mango, avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and remaining salt and pepper. Cool until served.
- In a skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat until flake the fish easily with a fork, 5-7 minutes on each side. Serve with salsa.