Apple Pie Mini Tarts
- 16 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled andsmall diced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- Whipped cream (optional), for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Press wonton wrappers into the cups of a standard size muffin pan. Spray lightly with oil.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until lightly crisp and golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Melt butter in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add diced apples, sugar, cinnamon and water. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Taste and adjust sweetness by adding more sugar, if necessary. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the apple is softened, around 8 minutes. Remove apple pie mixture from heat and let cool until warm.
To serve, spoon apple filling into wonton cups and top with whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately.