Hawaiian Roll Cheesy Chicken By Dapur Sinolin
- 1 bag (12 rolls) King’s Hawaiian™ Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a slight simmer. Add chicken, cover, turn heat down to low, and poach chicken until it’s just cooked through. Then remove, cool, and shred.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter along with mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes until mushrooms lose their liquid and the veggies soften. Stir in flour.
- Add chicken stock to the skillet slowly, stirring constantly, followed by the milk. Allow the mixture to thicken into a gravy and then season with salt and pepper.
- Cut Hawaiian sweet rolls longwise to separate bottoms and tops. Add bottoms of rolls to a 13×9-inch casserole dish, tearing them up a bit to distribute pieces evenly. Sprinkle rolls with half of the cheese.
- Add chicken and steamed broccoli.
- Pour gravy over the top of the casserole. Then add the rest of the cheese and top with the top halves of the rolls.
- Cover casserole with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Serve while warm.