Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Pizza By Dapur Sinolin
- !Cream of Wheat Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups water (105° – 115°)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 3 packages yeast
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups cream of wheat
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- !BBQ Chicken Pizza:
- Cooked chicken
- BBQ seasoning (I like this one from Penzey’s.)
- BBQ sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- shredded gouda
- shredded cheddar (I like a cheddar and Monterey Jack blend)
- red onion, sliced
- red pepper, diced
- cooked bacon, crumbled
- Start with warm water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook. Between 105° and 110°. Add yeast and sugar. Mix and let stand until it starts to foam. It takes about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, cream of wheat, and salt.
- Knead until the dough comes together. If you press on the dough and it springs back, it is kneaded enough. It takes about 5 minutes in the mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Grease a large bowl with olive oil. Add the dough. Cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise until it has doubled, about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Divide the dough in half. Spray a quarter sheet pan with cooking spray. Press the dough as evenly as you can into the pan.
- Spread a thin layer of BBQ sauce over the dough. Generously sprinkle the cheese over the surface. Top with bacon, peppers, and onions.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the dough is cooked through and the cheese is melted. Top with chopped cilantro.