PIineapple Fried Rice By Dapur Sinolin
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 45 ml of Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 480ml water
- 1 pineapple
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 120 g shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- ½ tsp black pepper
- cilantro leaves , for garnish
- In a 3-quart sized saucepan, add rice and water.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down heat to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- Simmer rice for 10 to 12 minutes, or until all of the water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove rice from the heat and allow to sit covered for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork and allow to cool while preparing the pineapple fried rice ingredients.
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise and carve out wedges from both sides of the core.
- Carefully cut out the core, to create a hollow bowl.
- Scrape the inside flesh with a spoon if needed after removing the core.
- Cut the removed pineapple flesh into 1/2-inch pieces, reserving about 1 cup (7 ounces, 200g).
- In a small bowl mix together fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and curry powder.
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over high heat.
- Add the vegetable oil, once hot add the onions, ginger, and garlic, stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and cook until it turns pink in color, about 2 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and peas, cook 1 minute.
- Add the rice, constantly stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the diced pineapple and green onions, stir to combine.
- Season rice with black pepper as desired.
- Transfer rice into pineapple bowl and garnish with cilantro leaves.