Sweet Potatoes with Sauce By Dapur Sinolin
- 2 tablespoons of Sinolin cooking oil
- 1/2 cup of sweet potatoes, finely grated
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely grated cabbage
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 24 gyoza wrappers
- 1 cup chicken stock
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of one wrapper. (Until ready to use, keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel to prevent them from drying out.)
- Moisten entire edge with water. Fold wrapper over filling to form a semicircle. Press edges firmly to seal, pleating the front side to form three to five folds. Holding sealed edges, stand each dumpling on an even surface; press to flatten bottom. Curve ends to form a crescent shape. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. In batches, arrange pot stickers flat side down in pan; cook for 1-2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Add 1/2 cup broth; bring to a simmer. Cover and steam for 6-10 minutes or until broth is almost absorbed. Uncover; cook for 1 minute or until bottoms are crisp and broth is evaporated. Serve with additional soy sauce if desired.