Dutch Soup by Dapur Sinolin
Indonesian version of Dutch Soup by using authentic Indonesian ingredients. still delicious and warm the atmosphere.
Preparation time : 20 menit
Cooking time : 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 cup beef flavored broth
- 500 gr boneless grilled beef, cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Sinolin Cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 5 unpeeled baby red potatoes (1 1/2 lb)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut in 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 sendok teh bubuk ketumbar
- In a large bowl, mix tomato sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar. Stir in broth; set aside.
- Rub beef with grill seasoning and salt. In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Cook beef in oil 2 to 3 minutes on four sides or until browned. Transfer beef to plate. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, then add onion. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until softened. Add potatoes, carrots and beef.
- Pour broth mixture over the beef mixture. Heat to boiling. reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, Cook 8 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens.
- Serve beef with potatoes, carrots and sauce. Top with parsley and thyme.