Chicken Meatballs & Squash Noodles by Dapur Sinolin
I just love spaghetti squash. It is my favorite vegetable based noodle. Spaghetti squash is very close to real spaghetti
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 10 ml of Sinolin cooking oil
- 300 gr of shaved pumpkin, like noodles
Ingredients for Meatballs :
- 500 gr of ground chicken
- 2 eggs, only use the egg white
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 5 garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper powder
Ingredients for sauce :
- 3 tablespoons of chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 100 ml of water
- 1 tablespoon of diluted cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- If you plan to steam your pumpkin noodles, now will be a good time to boil water in the pan. Steam pumpkin for 5 minutes, not too long. If it’s too long pumpkin noodles will become more easily destroyed.
- Combine all the meatball ingredients gently until mixed into one, use a spoon or hand to stir it.
- If everything is mixed, you can start to form it into meatball, using a teaspoon to form it round like a meatball, or use your hand to mix and form it into a ball of meatballs gently.
- Add Sinolin cooking oil in the pan and heat it, after the oil is simmering, you can start to put the meatballs and fry it until it turns into golden brown on the base of the meatballs and not sticky. Turn the meatballs until it’s cook evenly, after it’s perfectly cooked, set aside the meatballs because we will prepare the sauce.
- Heat the pan and pour chili sauce, tomato sauce and water, stir them into a paste, after boiling add diluted cornstarch, salt and sugar, stir again until thickened then add the fried meatballs , stir until all the surface of the meatball is wrapped by sauce, taste to correct the taste.
- Serve the coated meatballs on top of the steamed pumpkin noodles and sprinkle with a thin slice of celery leaves. Ready to be enjoyed!