Rice cooker Lemon Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese by Dapur Sinolin
Kind of likely want to make cakes using this rice cooker, with a blend of sour and sweet flavors and the distinctive aroma of the lemon is appetizing.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 3 cups of multipurpose wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cake Dough ingredients:
- Sinolin cooking oil, to spread the pan
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla powder
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup lemon peel, grated
- ½ cup of lemon juice
Cream Buttercream Frosting Cheese:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 200 grams of cream cheese
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients of flour until perfectly mixed then set aside.
- Brush the pan with Sinolin cooking oil.
- To make a cake: Beat unsalted butter and granulated sugar until the dough turn into white and expanding by using a mixer, after expanding, add the eggs and vanilla powder and stir again until evenly mixed, add lemon zest and stir again until all of them mixed well, add lemon juice and stir again with speed high.
- After everything is mixed into one, turn off the mixer and add the flour mixture and stir using a spatula until everything is mixed together.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the baking pan that has been spread with Sinolin cooking oil. Put it in a rice cooker and cook for about 30 minutes or until the cake is cooked. To test it, put a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean and not sticky, it is perfectly cooked. Let the cake really cool in the pan that is mounted on a wire rack. The cake must be completely cold before applying cream cheese.
- To make cream cheese: In a large bowl, use a mixer, shake the butter at medium speed until soft, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and shake until it is really smooth and combined. Add sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla powder with a mixer that goes with low speed. Turn to high speed and shake for 3 minutes. Add more sugar if the frosting is too thin, more lemon juice if the frosting is too thick, or add a little salt if the frosting is too sweet. (I always add a little salt!)
- To decorate: Cover the part of the cake that has been cooled evenly with about 1 cup of cream cheese mixture. Spread the remaining frosting throughout the top. Sprinkle on top with extra orange powder. Lemon Cake is ready to enjoy!