Sweet and Spicy Thai Chicken Wings
Chicken wings get a Thai spin with a sweet and spicy sticky sauce. Bake them before adding the sauce for a crispy texture.
- 3-4 lbs chicken wings
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup Thai Chili Sauce
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- green onions and chopped cilantro, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place wings on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, Thai Chili sauce, lime juice, Sriracha, garlic, and water in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- After wings have cooked for 20 minutes, toss with ½ cup of the sauce.
- Bake wings another 10-15 minutes, until they are looking crispy.
- To get them even crispier, turn on broiler for 1-2 minutes, watching carefully.
- Toss with remaining sauce, then top with green onions and cilantro.