Mala Chicken Chinese Recipe By Dapur Sinolin
Earn how to make crispy, hot and numbing chongqing style dry-fried chicken with dried chili peppers.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Cooking time : 45 minutes
- 300 ml of Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 cup dried chili, remove the seeds
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 cm of ginger, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 chives, the white part and the green part are separated and cut into small parts
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds, or as needed
- a little salt
for Marination :
- 3 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper powder
- a little salt
- Cut the dried chili, remove the seeds, then soak the chilies in water for 15 minutes. do this so that when in frying, could prevent dried chili from burnt.
- pick the chicken meat from their bones and cut meats into small cubes. In a large bowl, season the chicken meats with all the marination sauces. Mix well and leave for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Heat until it’s really hot (you can see bubbles when putting chopsticks in them). Add the chicken pieces and fry until golden brown. lift it out.
- Prepare a clean pan and add only 1/2 spoonful of Sinolin cooking oil and fry the dried chili for 1-2 minutes on the smallest fire until most of it becomes dark red. Add the white pepper powder and continue to fry for 1 minute over low heat.
- Push the spices to one side and add ½ tablespoon of oil in the pan and fry the ginger, garlic and garlic leaves until nicely fragrant.
- Put again the fried chicken meats, add roasted white sesame seeds, sugar, salt and the green part of the leeks. Mix well and serve immediately.