Sweet Baked Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes, lightly pricked all over with a fork
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped pecans
- crumbled feta
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until sweet potatoes have softened.
3. Once sweet potatoes have cooled enough to handle, slice each potato in half and carefully scoop the flesh out into a mixing bowl (be sure not to tear the skins).
4. Begin mashing warm sweet potatoes with butter, milk and garlic until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in egg until fully incorporated.
5. Fold in feta and thyme until fully combined. Scoop mixture into a piping bag, fitted with a large star tip, and pipe potatoes back into the sweet potato “shells.”
6. Bake sweet potatoes for an additional 10-15 minutes, top with crumbled feta and chopped pecan and serve.