BBQ Chicken with Chakalaka Sauce by Dapur Sinolin
With an unusual sauce it turns out my family really likes it, the name is chakalaka sauce, has made something different in the atmosphere of our dinner.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Cooking time : 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons of Sinolin cooking oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper powder
- 1 chicken
- 2 tablespoons of sinolin cooking oil
- 1 onion
- 1 cm of ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 10 red chili peppers
- green peppers
- 50 ml of tomato sauce
- 10 ml of water
- 50 grams of cashew nuts
- Clean one whole chicken by removing all the contents of the stomach to clean, make sure there are no more feathers left. Wash until completely clean.
- To roast the chicken, mix all BBQ sauce ingredients, after mixing ,add chicken and coat it with BBQ sauce seasoning, after all mixed, roast it over medium heat for 30 minutes, you can roast it in an oven stove or electric oven, but can also use double pan. Pay attention to the texture changes of the chicken, don’t overuse the fire. to cook perfectly, use medium heat to high, and return to medium again.
- While waiting for BBQ chicken to cook perfectly, let’s prepare the chakalaka sauce, heat the Sinolin cooking oil, add the onion and cook until fragrant and wilted, add the ginger, garlic, curry powder and sugar, sautee them together until they change color. Add tomatoes, carrots , red chili and green peppers, stir-fry until all of ingredients are wilted and give off the aroma, add tomato sauce, water and cashew, stir again the until become paste like texture.
- Lift the chalaka sauce and serve with BBQ chicken with a sprinkling of celery leaves. Ready to enjoy!