Spicy Fried Chicken Garlics (Kkanpunggi) by Dapur Sinolin
As you can imagine, everything is quite addictive and more interesting! The chicken is fried and then stirred with spicy garlic sauce. It tastes sweet and sour.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 500 gr chicken breast
- 1 cm of chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ cup of potato flour
- 1 egg white
Spicy oil with garlic :
- 300 ml of Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 stalk of leeks,
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 tablespoon of rough red chili flakes
Vegetables and seasonings:
- 1 green chili, remove seeds, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh red chili, remove seeds, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 whole dried red chili peppers
Sweet sour sauce (all mixed in a small bowl):
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of potato flour
- 1 cup of Sinolin cooking oil
- Mix chicken, ginger, soy sauce, and black pepper in a bowl. Mix well with a spoon and let stand for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Add egg white and ½ cup of potato flour. Mix well by hand.
Prepare garlic spicy oil
- Heat a small pan with Sinolin cooking oil. When the oil is heated, reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic and leeks. Stir them with a wooden spoon for a few minutes until the garlic and leeks turn golden brown and crunchy.
- Take the garlic and leeks with strainer and place them on a small plate.
- Turn off the heat and add the chili flakes to the hot oil. Stir and let cool for a few minutes. Strain the oil.
- Heat Sinolin cooking oil in a pan or frying pan for 3-4 minutes over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and fried chicken. When the bottom of a piece of chicken changes color to crisp and golden brown, turn it over with your pincher. It’s okay if the pan is full, but separate the chicken pieces with your pincher if they stick together. Continue turning the chicken pieces and turning them so that they cook evenly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and turn off the fire.
- Heat a large pan with Sinolin cooking oil. When the oil is heated, add onions, green onions, red chili, green chili, and small dry red chili. Add spicy garlic oil. Stir over medium heat until the onion starts to turn crispy for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add sweet and sour sauce and stir for 20 to 30 seconds. Turn off the heat.
- Add chicken, fried leeks and garlic. Stir and mix to coat chicken.
- Serve immediately.