Best Thai Coconut Soup by Dapur Sinolin
You will not be disappointed with this one! Its Authentic and delicious flavors make this soup irresistible.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 10 ml of Sinolin cooking oil
- 2 cm of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 300 ml of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 100 ml of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 500 gr medium size shrimp, peeled
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon of coriander powder
- Peel the shrimp and clean the back from the dirt, wash it thoroughly by adding lime so that the shrimp is fresh and does not have an unpleasant scent, drain and is ready to be cooked.
- If you use dried shitake mushrooms, soak for 25 minutes so that the mushrooms expands perfectly, wash with added salt to taste, rinse with clean water and slice in a wet state. But if you use fresh shitake mushrooms you can simply wash it and slice it.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook and stir ginger, lemongrass, and curry paste in hot oil for 1 minute. Slowly pour the chicken stock over the mixture, stirring constantly. Stir in fish sauce and sugar, simmer for 15 minutes. Add coconut milk and mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp; cook until the shrimp changes color for about 5 minutes. Stir lime juice; season with salt; garnish with coriander.