Easy Chicken Pot Pie By Dapur Sinolin
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 33 min
- 3 tablespoons of
- 500 gr chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon of sweet peppers
- ½ teaspoon of dried sage
tehteaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 diced carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of multipurpose flour
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup of thick cream
- 1 pie skin, not burned and thawed if frozen
- 1 egg, shake for a while
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika, sage, oregano, salt and pepper. Heat a 10-inch iron skillet over medium-high heat and add sinolin oil. When the oil starts to heat, add the chicken and saute until done, about 4 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the second side. Lift the chicken to the plate with tongs, leave the oil in the pan. Rest the chicken for a few minutes, then cut the ½-inch dice.
- Go to the same pan, add the onion and peas and carrots and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir and cook until the onion becomes soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute longer. Sprinkle flour and stir until flour dissolves into vegetables and juice. Add chicken stock and lift until boiling, stirring until thickened. After the liquid thickens, stir the thick cream. Season with salt, if necessary.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Open the pie crust and place it on top of the filling, tuck the excess tip in the pan. Apply the crust evenly by washing the eggs. Using a knife, gently cut 3 holes at the top of the crust. Place it in the oven and bake until the crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes.