Buttermilk-Brown Sugar Waffles By Dapur Sinolin
These waffles are light, crunchy, and easy to put together, like traditional waffles, but buttermilk provides a tangy aroma and sweet brown sugar. The secret ingredient here is a wheat germ. This gives a beautiful and crisp texture.
- 100 Ml of Sinolin Cooking Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cup of butter milk
- 1 stick of butter, melted and cold to room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup of multipurpose flour or 1 1/2 cups of flour and 1/4 cup of wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar or 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Beat the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter in a large bowl. In another bowl stir the ingredients dry together, then add to the egg mixture and stir until smooth. Let the mixture rest for a while.
- Heat the waffle iron and top with Sinolin cooking oil. Add the mixture to the iron (about 1/4 cup for 8 inch round iron), cover, and cook until golden brown. Serve immediately.