Steak with Tuscan Tomato Sauce By Dapur Sinolin
After burning the steak on the stove, you can sit, relax, and let the stove slow you to do the rest. Make this dish and serve this Italian-inspired steak recipe with rice, if you want.
- 1 tablespoon of Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 pound of boneless beef steak, 1 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced (½ cup)
- 2 tablespoons of fast-food tapioca, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can dice tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, without being mashed
- 2 cups of cooked red chard, noodles or brown rice
- Fresh thyme stalks (optional)
- Cut the fat from the steak. Brown the steak on all sides in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dry the fat.
- Place the onions in the 3½ or 4 liter slow cooker (see Tip). Sprinkle with tapioca, dried thyme, and pepper. Pour the tomatoes on the onion on the stove. Place the steak on the mixture on the stove.
- Cover and cook Low for 8 to 10 hours or at High for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer the meat to the cutting board. Slice the meat, serve with cooking sauce and, if desired, cooked chard, noodles or rice.