Fresh Mediterranean Hummus Soup By Dapur Sinolin
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil Sinolin
- 2 cups diced yellow onions
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 can (19 oz) Progresso™ chick peas, drained, rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 cups Progresso™ vegetable broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Toppings, as Desired
- 1 plum (Roma) tomato, diced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (2 oz)
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, bell pepper, cumin, coriander, salt and red pepper; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are tender. Stir in chick peas and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in broth; heat to boiling over high heat. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in tahini.
- In blender, place half of mixture at a time. Cover; blend on high speed 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Stir lemon juice into entire mixture. Top with tomato, feta cheese, yogurt, cilantro and parsley; serve with lemon wedges.