Haloumi, Pea and Chia Fritters By Dapur Sinolin
Cannellini beans make these delicious breakfast fritters high in protein and a good source of antioxidants.
Preparation: 15 Mins
Cooking: 35 Mins
- 200 ml Sinolin cooking oil
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 150g haloumi, coarsely grated
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 middle bacon rashers, rind removed
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- Mashed avocado, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Select all ingredients
- Pulse cannellini beans, peas and chia seeds in a food processor until coarsely mashed. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add haloumi, zucchini and shallot. Mix until well combined.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Shape 1⁄3 cupfuls of mixture into 12 rough fritters. Place half the fritters in the pan and use an egg lift to flatten slightly. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a separate frying pan over medium-high heat, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel.