Spanish Meatball & Butter Bean Stew By Dapur Sinolin
This hearty one-pot is full of Mediterranean flavor, with beef, red onion, and peppers – an impressive 4 of your 5 a day.
PREParation: 15 MINS
COOKing: 35 MINS
- 2 tsp Sinolin cooking oil
- 350g lean beef mince
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 peppers, sliced, any color will do
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can butter beans, drained
- 2 tsp sugar
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Season the beef, working the seasoning in with your hands, then shape into small meatballs. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the meatballs and cook for 5 mins, until golden brown all over. Push to one side of the pan and add the onion and peppers. Cook for a further 5 mins, stirring now and then, until the veg has softened, then stir in the garlic and paprika. Stir everything around in the pan for 1 min, then add the tomatoes. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 mins.
- Uncover, stir in the beans, the sugar, and some seasoning, then simmer for a further 10 mins, uncovered. Just before serving, stir in the parsley. Serve with crusty bread for dunking, if you like.