Cheesy Bread Recipe By Dapur Sinolin
A cross between garlic bread and pizza, cheesy bread is a quick, easy, and delicious party snack.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: Makes 20 slices
- 4 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese (1 cup)
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped green onion (to taste)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sour cream (optional)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter (1/4 cup, 2 ounces), softened to the point of being slightly melted
- 1 loaf of French or Italian bread (I used Ciabatta)
- Make the cheesy topping: In a small bowl, mix the butter and garlic together until smooth. In a separate large bowl, mix together the cheeses and the green onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream. Add the butter mixture to the cheese mixture.
- Spread cheese over bread: Preheat broiler. Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread cheese mixture over the bread.
- Place under the broiler until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slice: Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle. Slice the bread with a bread knife. Serve.