Sushi Rolls By Dapur Sinolin
- Cauliflower rice
- 1½ lbs cauliflower
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 nori sheets
- 5 oz. salmon
- 3 oz. cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 oz. daikon
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 oz. pickled ginger
- 4 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- Using a grater or food processor, shred the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces. Steam or microwave the cauliflower rice on high for 2-3 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Add rice vinegar and salt. Squeeze out excess liquid.
- Assemble the sushi rolls. Start by placing the rectangular nori sheets with the shiny side down on a bamboo mat (included in most sushi kits).
- Spread the cauliflower rice in a ½ inch (1 cm) thick even layer so it covers ¾ of the sheet. Leave some space at the far edge so you can close the roll later.
- Add thinly sliced salmon, cucumber, avocado and daikon in the middle. Add some mayonnaise and sesame seeds, if you’re using any.
- Start rolling firmly but carefully, and close by brushing water on the rice-free edge.
- Lift from the mat and cut with a really sharp damp knife. Serve with ginger, soya and wasabi paste.