VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE By Dapur Sinolin
- 1/2 cup of Sinolin cooking oil,
- 1 and 1/4 cup of pink sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 and 1/4 cups of multipurpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of chocolate chips (use vegan chips if vegan)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the Sinolin oil, brown sugar, and vanilla, beating until well combined. Add in the coconut milk and applesauce and whisk until well combined; set aside. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; whisk well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and, using a wooden spoon or very sturdy spatula, stir until ingredients are combined. The batter will be very thick! Fold in 1 and 3/4 cups of the chocolate chips.
- Scoop three tablespoon-sized mounds of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, leaving a few inches between each cookie for spreading. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the centers have set. Press remaining chocolate chips on top of warm cookies, and sprinkle with sea salt if using. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.