Sausage Curry By Dapur Sinolin
- Sinolin cooking oil
- 10-12 sausages
- 2 onions, quartered then finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 400 g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 large kūmara (any colour), scrubbed and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock*
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and fry sausages, in batches, until browned and just cooked through. Slice thickly then return to the pan and brown slices on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, heat a good drizzle of oil on medium heat. Cook onion for about 5 minutes until soft and starting to turn golden. Add garlic and ginger and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes. Add curry powder and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add raisins, tomatoes, apple, kūmara and stock. Cover, bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until kūmara and apple are starting to soften. Add sliced sausages to pan and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve garnished with fresh parsley.