Coconut, Lime And Raisin Cookies By Dapur Sinolin
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and lime juice. In another bowl, whisk flour, pudding mix, baking soda and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pistachios and dried cranberries. With clean beaters, beat egg white on medium speed until thick and foamy; stir in coconut.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Top with coconut mixture. Bake until until edges begin to brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Sprinkle with lime zest. Store in airtight containers.