Roasted Aubergine With Pomegranates & Parsley By Dapur Sinolin
PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 35 MINS
- 1 large or 2 smaller aubergines
- (about 400g in total)
- 1 tbsp coriander seed
- 1 tbsp cumin seed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- handful fresh parsley
- Greek yogurt, to serve
- seeds from ½ ripe pomegranate
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Halve the aubergines lengthways, then chop them into cubes, about 2.5cm across. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Using a pestle and mortar or small food processor, break the coriander and cumin seeds down a little, so that they are crushed but not ground to a powder. Add them to the aubergines. Next add the olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Use your hands and turn the aubergines over in the oil and spices until evenly coated. Tip onto a baking tray that can hold the aubergines in a single layer. Cook for 30-35 mins, turning once, until crisp, dark at the edges and utterly squashy.
- Cool to almost to room temperature before transferring to a bowl and mixing in the parsley. Season, then drizzle with a little oil. Dollop over yogurt and scatter with pomegranate seeds before serving.