Pumpkin Soup with onion by dapur sinolin
Acorn and Butternut Squash Soup only requires a few ingredients to make and is incredible! The perfect easy, healthy soup to make in the Fall!
- 2 tbsp Sinolin cooking oil
- 1 medium butternut squash, skin and seeds removed and diced into smaller chunks
- 1 medium acorn squash, skin and seeds removed and diced into smaller chunks
- 1 large onion, diced into large pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut milk or heavy cream, to garnish (optional)
- green onions, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet and place the diced acorn and butternut squash on the baking sheet. Drizzle oil on top and season with salt and pepper, mix until combined.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the squash is fork tender.
- Add the roasted vegetables to a large pot, add in the vegetable stock, minced garlic, dried thyme, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Mix everything and allow the soup to simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Puree the soup using an immersion blender. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve and garnish with coconut milk or heavy cream and top with sliced green onions. (optional)