Creamy Skillet Chicken Cacciatore by Dapur Sinolin
Creamy Skillet Chicken Cacciatore has the most amazing creamy red sauce with peppers, mushrooms, and fresh basil. The chicken is tender and juicy and on the dinner table in 30 minutes!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 8 ounce mushrooms sliced
- 15 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Season the chicken with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. In a large skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat to medium high.
- Cook the chicken about 3 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees and brown on each side. Set aside the chicken on the plate.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and add the garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Sauté until tender.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, heavy cream, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer until thickened.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet until heated through. Serve over hot pasta and garnish with fresh chopped basil and parmesan cheese if desired.