almond-crusted chicken with miso pumpkin mash by dapur sinolin
- 750g peeled pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 55g (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free cornflour
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 80ml (1/3 cup) reduced-fat coconut milk
- 8 (500g) chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 200g snow peas, steamed, to serve
- 1 bunch broccolini, steamed, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on prepared tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the almond meal, cornflour, sesame seeds and five spice in a large shallow dish. Place coconut milk in a seperate shallow dish. Working with 1 tenderloin at a time, dip into milk to coat, allow excess to drip off and then coat in almond mixture. Place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining tenderloins.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- Step 4
- Process the pumpkin and miso paste in a food processor until smooth. Season.
- Serve the crumbed chicken with the miso pumpkin mash, steamed snow peas and broccolini, and lemon wedges.