Potato and Corn soup by Dapur Sinolin
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time55 minutes
Rich and soft potato soup with sweet corn and salami. Guaranteed to be practically the new favorite!
- 100 ml Sinolin cooking oil
- 2 cups cooked ham, diced into small cubes (I use the leftover grilled ham, ham steak also works)
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crushed
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced (3/4 cup)
- 2 celery sticks, diced (3/4 cup)
- 2 (14.5 ounces) low-sodium chicken stock
- 5 medium red potatoes, diced into 3/4-inches
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups of fresh (or frozen) corn
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 glasses of milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream or thick cream (I’ve tried and liked both versions)
- Chopped green onions or chives, to be served
- In a large saucepan, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery and saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Add chicken stock, potatoes, oregano, thyme, and bay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil the mixture over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium, cover with a lid and let it cook, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add ham and corn and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook mixture, keep stirring, 1 1/2 minutes.