Strawberry Crumble by Dapur Sinolin
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup / 65 g oatmeal
- 3/4 cup / 115g wheat flour
- 3/4 cup / 130 g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tbsp / 90g unsalted butter, thawed
- 2 cups strawberries, cooked
- 2 ½ tablespoons of cornflour /cornstarch
- 110g white sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F.
- Place all ingredients except butter in a bowl. Mix to combine. Add butter and stir until smooth.
- Cut strawberries. Cut the larger one in half, leaving the small one intact (2cm / 4/5 “high).
- Place the strawberries in a bowl. Sprinkle cornflour, stir well so that it is evenly distributed.
- Add sugar, water, and vanilla. Mix well.
Assemble and bake:
- Pour the strawberries into a baking pan. Sprinkle crumbs on top, use your fingers to get nice pieces of crumbs.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the toppings are golden and strawberry syrup is bubbling all over the edges. This is a key sign that the strawberry sauce has thickened enough.
- Let stand for several minutes before serving with ice cream or toppings of your choice.