Chinese BBQ Rice by Dapur Sinolin
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 4-5 red jalapeno, Blen
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 slice of ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of rice, rinsed clean & dried
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tsp teaspoon of salt
- 1 ¼ glass of water
Tofu: 1 packet of tofu, very well dried, cut into 3 long sticks, fried using medium heat until golden brown.
Char Siu Sauce: Mix together
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce,
- 2 tablespoons garlic chili sauce,
- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce,
- 4 tablespoons water,
- a little berry powder until well mixed.
- In a hot pan with Sinolin oil, saute garlic & ginger until fragrant. Add rice & keep stirring, then add water & salt.
- Bring to a boil, turn the heat to low & simmer for 18 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then transfer to the rice cooker and cook in low mode.
- Prepare tofu while waiting. Use a fork to inflate the rice when ready.
For Sambal Sauce:
- Taste test, more salt if needed, this chili sauce must have a sharp taste. Lime juice can be used for extra flavor. Chill until ready to use.
- Pour the sauce into the pan, bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly. Slowly add tofu, use a spoon, spoon sauce and place the tofu well. The sauce will start to thicken more & is stickier towards the end. After the tofu is all coated, turn off the heat, cut into 1/2 inch thick & mash with the remaining sauce when served. Enjoy and happy Saturday !!