Seared Tuna with Avocado Recipe by Dapur Sinolin
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Served with avocado slices and ginger, soy, coriander, lime, garlic sauce. So perfect is this dish.
- 100 ml Sinolin cooking oil
- ½ cup fresh chopped coriander leaves
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh, chopped ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil or other high smoke point oil
- 4 (6ounce) blocks of quality tuna sashimi
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- In a bowl, mix cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, sesame oil, and Sinolin oil. If you want, you can make the sauce in a blender or food processor.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat for one minute. Coat the pan with Sinolin cooking oil and let it heat for 30 to 45 seconds. Sprinkle the chunks of tuna with salt. Grilled tuna for one minute on each side.
- Transfer the grilled tuna to a bowl and coat it with some sauce. Pour the sauce on a plate, add the tuna and serve with sliced avocado and sliced lime.